1) [I had to delete this paragraph. -Brad]
2) I’ve been writing a student information system at work, and at home, and everywhere I could take my laptop. The system went live on November 30, and things have slowed down a bit for me since then. Our teachers use it for attendance, discipline, and demographics. It’s built on PostgreSQL, which is great technology. The front end is done in, of course, REALbasic. For the first time, I really feel like I’ve provided the teachers with a tool that meets their needs.
3) We’re redoing Gracie’s bedroom for Christmas. It’s very pink. The tinted primer had it looking like Pepto-Bismol, but now that the first coat of real paint’s on, it looks more like bubble gum. But before we could do that, I had to sand off the pictures that Jen had painted (grass, bumblebees, butterflies, bunnies, the sun, and the moon) to cover up some of the drips and mistakes from the 2001 paint job. The majority of the walls was painted sky blue, and after sanding, I was scooping blue stuff out of my ears, wiping it out of my eyes, and coughing it up. It was nasty stuff. But the painting’s now all but done. We have some trim work to do yet, and a ceiling fan to install, but that’s about it.
4) I was sick for a couple days, too. Like unable to move sick. The day before the new system went live, I stayed up all night working on it. Big mistake. I don’t have the stamina for that anymore. Or at least, I don’t have the stamina for that after staying up until one or two every morning for six weeks leading up to it.
5) We’ve been settling in at our new church, or starting to at least. Hopefully this is somewhere we can hang our hats for a while, because I’m tired of jumping around.
So what’s new with you?
[edited for spelling]